Finally! The day we have been waiting for... our first doctor's appointment! Shawn and I have been anxiously awaiting this day so that we could get the thumbs up from the doctor that all is well and we are on our way to having a healthy baby. Today, those hopes were met and even more.During the ultrasound the doctor located our little bundle of joy and it was a moment I will not forget. He stopped on a location and pointed out the little blur that is our baby. Then he said, "Do you see that little flutter?". There was a small area within the blur that was moving. He said, "That's your baby's heart." In that moment I was mesmerized as I watched the little heart beating strong. Then I looked at Shawn with tear in my eyes and he was all smiles. It is real. There is really a baby growing in my belly! Today has been a great day and I can't even imagine the many similar moments we have to come. We are truly blessed.
PS - Notice that on the ultrasound the doctor wrote "High Folks" instead of "Hi Folks". Shawn and I have had a few laughs on that one... ;)
Yours truly,
Simply overjoyed
No comments:
Post a Comment