Saturday, June 23, 2012

Babymoon, Nursery and Hello Third Trimester!

Cocktails before dinner in Savannah
 Hi everyone!

There is so much to share with you! Shawn and I spent last weekend in Savannah for a little pre-baby getaway. We had an amazing trip! On Friday we went to Tybee Island where we visited Fort Pulaski before chowing down at The Crab Shack. That night we walked the historic district and River Street going into shops and enjoying the beautiful squares Savannah is known for. Saturday we grabbed a trolley tour which was great because we got to learn all about the history of Savannah. That night we had dinner at the Olde Pink House where the bartender treated me to a beautiful "mocktail". If you are ever on Savannah, the praline basket dessert at OPH is NOT to be missed! Overall the trip was perfect. We were so relaxed and spent most of the time laughing or having sweet talks about past memories and the exciting events in the future. I'm so happy we were able to have this weekend away and can't wait to take baby Sheehan to Savannah in December for a trip we are planning with friends.

Entering the 3rd Trimester!!
Now that we are back, we are in full nursery decorating mode. We have most of the big items out of the way with just some wall decor and a rug left on the list. I made the curtains by hand. Shawn and I chose the fabric together which sparked the bird theme. The crib and bedding were purchased by both of our parents (thank you SO much!!). They look amazing in the room and I can't wait to set our tiny bundle of joy down to sleep in this lovely crib. The rocking chair is the most comfortable chair in our house and I already go in there to rock when I want to chill out. The rocking chair also has a great view of the back yard which (I hope!) will be a calming site when I'm trying to soothe a fussy baby.

I still can't believe that in exactly 3 months our lives will change forever and we will be parents! Even seeing the nursery, my growing belly and feeling baby kicks aren't enough to make it fully sink in. It almost feels like I'll just be pregnant forever - which is not something that I would enjoy...

As I enter the third trimester, I feel like so many symptoms have hit me all at once. Swollen feet, heartburn, trouble sleeping and a few others that I probably shouldn't share on this blog. I do love having little Felix safely tucked away in my belly, but I am also looking forward to soon having my body back to myself. I will say that the thing that I'll miss most about pregnancy is feeling our baby kick. Felix has been super active recently and as I feel his movements I get so curious wondering what he's actually doing in there! Whatever he's doing, he seems to be having a lot of fun which is all that I care about. :)

Wish us luck for the next 3 months! (And the 18 years following that - ha!)

Yours truly,
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment