Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ready, Set... Go!

We are just about 5 weeks from our due date!! I cannot believe it... Life as we know it will never be the same. But in an amazingly good way :) I've had some anxiety about how ready we are to bring home baby, but after 2 wonderful and generous baby showers I think we are finally ready to welcome little Felix home!
We are all set to hit the road with our Chicco stroller for everyday use and our Jeep stroller for walks and jogs. Between morning jogs in the park and evening walks with daddy, that pre-baby body will be mine by Christmas!

Bring on the dirty diapers! We got so many supplies from friends and family that I doubt we will need to buy much in the first few weeks. And I hope baby Sheehan never has to go through all of the diaper cream we got! We are trying out gDiapers which are a combo of cloth and disposable. They have a cloth outer diaper and a disposable insert that is flushable and biodegradable. I'll keep you posted on how they go. We also got lots of disposable diapers, so either way we are set. :)

We can't wait for bath time! In addition to all of the basics like a tub, soaps and towels we got so many cute bath time accessories we didn't even know about! One of my favorites came from a coworker of Shawn's. It's called Bath Luve and its an adorable towel that you dip in warm water and place on the baby to keep its body warm while you bathe. I can almost smell that baby smell now...

Mommy and Daddy diaper bags! We've already started stocking our bags with some essentials. Shawn got his diaper bag "The Diaper Dude" as a Father's Day gift. I highly recommend it for dads-to-be and can't wait to see him in full dad mode with it. Here's some Sheehan trivia for you... Shawn's diaper bag has our wedding colors gray and orange. How romantic?! ;)

Thanks to an incredibly thoughtful baby shower thrown by close friends, Jessica and Belinda, we are all set for story time. Instead of giving cards, guests for the baby shower were asked to bring their favorite children's book and write a message inside. Having these books and heartfelt messages means so much. I can't wait until Felix is old enough to understand all of the love in those messages. He or she is going to feel so loved and special. I also look forward to seeing what stories Felix enjoys most and wants to read over and over. There are so many great stories to choose from - I look forward to reading them all!

Thank you to all of the friends, family and coworkers that have helped us get ready to become parents! And for anyone who gave us a stuffed animal, you have definitely gotten Coco's attention... she thinks they are for her! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment